Been long since my last post, am so sorry about the silence. Eid-ul-kabir to all my Muslim brothers and sisters. Since its Ileya already, I decided to make this post about indigestion so as to help people who over eat and end up feeling bloated. Indigestion is not funny especially with the disgusting belch that accompanies it.
Indigestion is a term used to describe as a feeling of fullness or discomfort during or after a meal. It can be accompanied by burning or pain in the upper stomach. It is often a sign of an underlying problem such as ulcers or gallbladder diseases.
* Bloating (full feeling)
* Belching and gas
* Nausea and Vomitting
* Acidic taste
* Abdominal pain
* Burning sensations in the stomach or upper stomach
People often have heartburn along with indigestion, but heartburn is caused by stomach acids running into the oesophagus.
* Drinking too much alcohol
* Eating too fast or too much (hope we don’t fall into this one because we want to finish the meat lol )
* Stomach infection
* Tobacco smoking
* Eating spicy, fatty or greasy foods
* Tobacco smoking
* Use of certain drugs such as Antibiotics, aspirin etc.
Ginger – is famous for settling stomach upsets and improving digestion. You can brew a cup of ginger tea or use ginger capsules.
Peppermint oil – soothed intestinal muscle spasms and help prevent nausea. Take one or two capsules containing 2mL or 1 teaspoon of oil three times a day between meals.
Apple Cider Vinegar – drink one teaspoon of ACV mixed with half a cup of water.
Baking powder – stir a teaspoon of baking powder into a glass of water and drink. This solution neutrilizes stomach acid and help relieve gas and bloating.
Lemon – its juice reaches the inside of bacterias, inhibiting the formation of acids. Lemon juice removes indigestion by dislodging the acids and other harmful substances from the stomach, thereby strengthening and promoting a healthy appetite.
Carrot – chewing of carrot saliva and quicken digestion by supplying the necessary enzymes, mineral and vitamins.
Things to note include
* Eating on time and avoid eating late
* Take water after your meal and not during the meal.
* Eating is not a competition. Eat gently (whatever that means) and don’t swallow too much air.
* Do not argue and talk while eating.
Once again Eid Mubarak to my Muslim brothers and sisters. Would love to hear from you. Have a blissful week ahead.