Hola! So the weekends are here again (happy dance- well its not like I have any job particularly). I know have been kinda quiet well have been down a little.
Straight off to business, I have been talking about baking soda this baking soda that and I just decided to make a post about the amazing uses of baking soda. I made a very big error on my part by saying baking soda and baking powder are the same well (turns eyes) they aren’t. Lemme explain baking soda contains only Sodium bi-carbonate while baking powder also has Sodium Bi-carbonate with added substances such as corn starch and Aluminum sulphate depending on the brand. Baking powder contains about the right amount of acid to neutralize the Sodium Bi-carbonate present not completely sha.
Baking soda aka Sodium Bi-carbonate, helps regulate pH and has the ability to retard further changes in the pH balance, known as buffering.
* Baking soda can be used to freshen the mouth- put one teaspoon in half a glass of water, swish, spit and rinse. Odors are neutralized.
* Making your own homemade toothpaste also homemade teeth whitener by just dipping your brush in the baking soda.
* To soak oral appliances or tools- soak them in two teaspoons baking soda dissolved in a glass or small bowl of water
* It can be used as a deodorant by putting it onto your underage to neutralize odors. For more on odors or body odour check Here
* As a facial scrub and body exfoliant -three parts baking soda to one part water. Rub in a gentle circular motion to exfoliant the skin. Rinse clean and it can be used daily. For more on skin care check this post
*Is your dull and looking lifeless it may be due to product build up. Making a paste of baking soda or adding it to your shampoo would do the trick.
* Clean brushes or combs by soaking it in a small basin of water containing two teaspoon of baking soda.
* Soothe your feet- dissolve three teaspoon of baking soda in a tub of warm water and soak your feet. Gently scrub.
* Baking soda can be used to clean the microwave, freshen stale-smelling sponges.
* Baking soda is a safe way to clean dirt and residue off fresh fruit and vegetables. Just sprinkle a little on a clean damp sponge, scrub and rinse.
* Can be used to deodorant drains- pour 1/2 cup of baking soda down the drain while running warm tap water. It will neutralize both acid and base odors for a fresh drain.
* To soothe mosquito bites – make a paste out of water and baking soda. Apply it to the bite and any swelling or itching would stop right away.
* To gently clean baby clothes and diapers by adding 1/2 cup to your detergent and soak.
These are just some of the uses of baking soda. The uses of baking soda are just too numerous to mention.
“You can have everything you want in life if you just help enough other people get what they want”