Howdy! I guess by now we all know the uses of castor oil. Let’s talk about the not so popular castor oil packs.
Castor oil packs – in their most basic form – denote strips of cloth immersed in castor oil.
It’s used by some
alternative practitioners to enhance circulation and to promote the healing of the tissues and organs
underneath the skin. Alternative
practitioners also use it to improve liver function, relieve pain, reduce inflammation and to improve digestion.
• 2-3 layers of undyed wool or cotton flannel for the castor oil pack (this should be sufficient to cover the affected area; for covering the abdomen, use the rough estimate of 12×18 inches)
• A bottle of castor oil for the castor oil pack (preferably warm)
• A hot water bottle for the castor oil pack (or a heating pad will also suffice)
• A container with a lid for storing the castor oil pack
• A plastic wrap that is 2-3 inches
larger than the piece of flannel used in the castor oil pack.
How to make the pack
• Folding the flannel of the castor oil pack into three levels of thicknesses
• Placing the piece of flannel of the castor oil pack in the container
• Warming the castor oil in the castor oil pack to the appropriate
• Soaking the flannel of the castor oil pack in a bowl of castor oil, just enough to keep it saturated, without letting the oil drip
• Placing the flannel of the castor oil pack over the affected area
• Covering the flannel of the castor oil
pack with the plastic wrap
• Placing a hot water bottle on the plastic wrap
*Leave on for 45 to 60 minutes.
*Remove the pack and wash the oil off your skin with soap and water or a baking soda solution.
Uses of the pack
*The right side of the abdomen. As part of a liver detox
*To relieve inflamed and swollen joints and muscle strains.
*The abdomen to relieve
constipation and other digestive
*The lower abdomen in cases of
menstrual irregularities and uterine and ovarian cysts.
Castor oil packs for fibroids are
definitely recommended to be tried by those looking for a fibroid natural treatment method. While castor oil
packs for fibroids have shown great positive results in many patients, it is important to remember that what may work for one may not work for another. Use the pack for four days consecutively each week for up to a month and rest for the rest of the week. After a month, evaluate the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of the castor oil pack.
Comments and questions are always welcomed.