When I say Musa genus I don’t mean someone who bears the name Musa as a surname or first name but I am talking about banana, why would I call banana Musa you might ask? Well the answer is not far-fetched. If you wouldn’t learn anything from this post you would learn the scientific name of banana which is Musa sapientum. Banana is an edible fruit in the genus Musa and a specific name of sapientum. The fruit is variable in size and color and firmness. We all know banana. I would give some reasons why monkeys are happy animals…. It is because of the banana they eat and how is this so? Let’s start our journey into banana land discovery
Bananas are exceptionally healthy food that provide numerous health benefits. It contains vitamins A, B,C and E along with minerals like potassium, zinc, iron and manganese. It also contains some natural sugars such as glucose, fructose and sucrose.
- Banana gives instant surge of energy- I have tested this theory a lot of times and energy is what I got in return. Especially when am studying and I don’t want to indulge in junks I take banana. You would energized and
- It helps lower blood cholesterol-it is said that pectin present in fiber helps to lower cholesterol levels. According to researchers fire that are water soluble such as pectin help to LDL cholesterol without disturbing the HDL cholesterol
- Eating banana in between meals help to stabilize blood sugar and also aids digestion
- Bananas make you smarter and make you more alert. Eat a banana before exams or studying to benefit from the high levels of potassium.
- Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing free radicals and protection from chronic disease such as cancer. It also reduces the occurrence of stroke due to the high amount of potassium it contains
- Bananas help combat stomach ulcer. I know this from firsthand experience. Protease inhibitors in banana, help get rid of bacteria in the stomach that causes stomach ulcer thereby protecting against damage of the stomach and ulcer.
- They also help to relieve constipation because of the pectin it contains. Raw bananas are also effective in the treatment of diarrhea and therefore regulate body fluid they help to recover from hangover when blended with honey and yoghurt.
- Quitting smoking? Vitamins B6 and B12 together with magnesium and potassium in banana help to recover from nicotine addiction and help speed up recovery from the effects of withdrawal.
- Bananas can enhance weight gain. How? The combination of milk and protein enhances weight gain. Bananas are also good to people who want to loose weight because it contains loads amount of fiber and low fat and are also easily digestible. A banana of 100 grams contains approximately 90 calories. Taking into consideration all its benefits it wouldn’t hurt to include it in your diet.
- Bananas help to reduce the itching and swelling of mosquito bite by rubbing the inside of a banana on it. Cool right
- Eating bananas help in achieving younger looking skin. Banana has 75 percent water by weight in it. So it helps to hydrate your skin and prevents it from drying or peeling. Mash half a banana and apply it generously around puffy eyes. Let it sit for 20 minutes and then rise off with cool water. The puffiness would disappear
- Banana peels are used to get rid of wrinkles, treat itchy skin and also warts and psoriasis.
This is just a tip of the iceberg there are so many uses of banana and so many recipes on how to use it. So what are you waiting for? Now you know why monkeys are so happy. Eat a banana.