Detoxification is about resting, cleaning and nourishing the body from the inside out. Detoxification means cleaning the blood. This is done by removing impurities from the blood. Detoxification has been practiced for centuries by different cultures around the world including Ayurvedic (Indian) and Chinese medicine systems.
Why you need to detoxify.
Today with more toxins in the environment than ever, it is critical to detoxify. From the food we eat to the air we breath in. Living without toxic build up is virtually impossible, which is why our body has built in mechanisms to deal with toxic overload and some of these mechanisms include crying, sweating (you wonder why people use anti-perspirant), urination and defeacation.
Exposure to toxins is part of life, however, with the abundance of chemicals and pesticides in our food and environment. And the increasing level of stress in our society, our body is overwhelmed with toxic build up and so needs additional help expelling toxins. Often times toxins bind to our sex hormone or thyroid hormones and slow down metabolism or weight gain. Our liver, small intestine, kidneys and colon are the major organs involved in the body’s detoxification system.
Symptoms you need to detoxify include but are not limited to
– Unexplained fatigue
– Irritated skin
– Mental confusion
– Menstrual problems
How to detoxify.
1) Drink lots and lots of water. I can’t over emphasise this point and it doesn’t cost you anything. Water can to flush out toxins from your body naturally. Proper water intake can contribute to clearer skin, properly functioning organs and a more effective circulatory, respiratory and digestive systems.
2) Do lots of exercise and sweat it out- we all know that exercise is an important part of a healthy lifestyle. You don’t just have to turn to exercise when you want to lose weight, it should be done regularly. When it comes to naturally and effectively cleansing the body exercise is a great option. When you are exercising you not only help the body shed fat and excess weight, but you are also getting rid of toxins. As you sweat, these toxins can come out and therefore cleansing takes place.
3) Replace coffees and beverages with green tea. Green tea is a superfood and it is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. A little coffee is okay maybe once a week. Green tea offers important antioxidants that our body needs in the most natural form.
4) Eat more fiber in its natural form and lots of fruits. Not only is it part of a healthy diet that will contribute to weight loss, but it’s also essential way of cleasing the body in the most natural form.
Our body especially the digestive tract, tend to onto some substance that enter. This may be toxins, preservativea from foods that we eat, or waste that is not disposed properly by the body. When you introduce fiber into our diet, it helps to keep the digestive tract working properly. Fresh fruits and vegetables, beans and legumes, and whole grains are all excellent sources of fiber.
5) Get more sleep at night
Without proper sleep you can gain weight, you may have a compromised immune system and of course you lack natural energy. Lack of sleep can catch up on you after a while. When you try to get 7-8 hours of sleep each night you give your body a chance to rest and recuperate. Sleep is not a luxury but an important way that your body rebuild and prepare for the activities that you have ahead the next day.
6) Avoid obvious environmental toxins which range from second hand smoke, smog to diminished air quality. If something doesn’t smell or feel right chances are that its not doing no good to your system.
7) Cut out simple carbohydrate, white sugar and flour and any fried foods.
The starchy sides at dinner such as white rice or pasta are as damaging to your waistline and your health as doughnuts, cakes and cookies. Many people don’t understand just how harmful products made with white sugar and flour can be but they result in toxins in the body that you don’t want. I also love rice but there healthy ways of taking rice why not go for brown rice(contains all the good nutrients) its very healthy rather than parboiled and peeled white rice.
8) Stop microwaving your food- microwaving changes the protein structure of your food making it potentially harmful to your body.
9) Learn to incorporate superfoods into each meal.
Superfoods are a delicious and nutritious group of foods including foods rich in Omega 3 fatty acids like Olive oil (Cold pressed), Salmon, Avocado, Almonds. Also take foods that are bright in colour as it means that they contain plenty antioxidants such as Spinach, Tomatoes, Sweet potatoes, Oranges, Carrots, Apples etc
10) Try fasting for a day or two
Replace foods with natural juices (100%- not 5alive o)made from fresh fruits and vegetable can really help. When you give your body a chance to rest in this capacity, it has time to recuperate and rejuvenate. Juicing your food floods your body with live enzymes and a lot of antioxidants that help not only to neutralize free radicals but also strengthen and support the immune system. Antioxidants even have anti-aging properties.
11) Make sure you use 100% cold pressed organic oils for cooking. Increase your vitamin C intake.
Learning how to detoxify the body doesn’t have to be complicated, but it does mean that you will have to make healthy choices that really work for you. To start detoxifying it is important that you detoxify your liver, kidneys and colon first as they are the major organ that detoxify and if they are blocked with toxins imagine doing yourself more harm than good. So make sure to detoxify them first, this would be discussed in a later post. If it your first time detoxifying you would encounter some unpleasant side effects such as headaches, nausea, fatigue, constipation, diarrhea. The side effects are completely normal just imagine opening flood gates. Hope you get the gist.
Question and comments are always welcomed. Follow us on twittering @naturesecreto. Have a beautiful week ahead.